ImmTrac, the Texas immunization registry, is a free service of the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS). The immunization registry is a secure and confidential service that consolidates and stores your child's (under 18 years of age) immunization records. With your consent, your child's immunization information will be included in ImmTrac. Doctors, public health departments, schools and other authorized professionals can access your child's immunization history to ensure that important vaccines are not missed.
The Texas Department of State Health Services encourages your voluntary participation in the Texas immunization registry.
Consent for Registration of Child and Release of Immunization Records to Authorized Entities
I understand that, by granting the consent below, I am authorizing release of the child's immunization information to DSHS and I further understand that DSHS will include this information in the state's central immunization registry ("ImmTrac"). Once in ImmTrac, the child's immunization information may by law be accessed by:
- a public health district or local health department, for public health purposes within their areas of jurisdiction;
- a physician, or other health care provider legally authorized to administer vaccines, for treating the child as a patient;
- a state agency having legal custody of the child;
- a Texas school or child care facility in which the child is enrolled;
- a payor, currently authorized by the Texas Department of Insurance to operate in Texas, regarding coverage for the child.
I understand that I may withdraw this consent to include information on my child in the ImmTrac Registry and my consent to release information from the Registry at any time by written communication to the Texas Department of State Health Services, ImmTrac Group — MC 1946, P.O. Box 149347, Austin, Texas 78714-9347.