Office Policies 2023
At Angel Pediatrics, we strive for excellent patient care in a nurturing setting.
We want to maintain an environment that is clean, safe, and enjoyable to our patients.
1. Appointments: Please be on time for your appointment. Our providers will try to honor the schedule but there may be unforeseen delays. If timing is crucial to your schedule and we are delayed, please notify the front office staff to be rescheduled. If you arrive late for your child’s appointment, you may be asked to reschedule. SICK VISITS ARE SAME-DAY. We do not pre-book sick, injury, or acute pain appointments. Please call the morning of the day you wish to be seen. Sick appointments are first come, first serve. If you make an appointment and cannot attend, please call to cancel so we may free this space for another patient.
2. Cancellations: We ask that you call us as soon as possible if you need to cancel an appointment. We would appreciate a cancellation at least twenty-four hours prior to the appointment, as this would enable us to use that appointment slot for another patient. If you fail to call within two hours of your appointment, we will charge a $35 fee. After three “No Shows,” you may be discharged from Angel Pediatrics and asked to seek healthcare elsewhere.
3. Walk-ins: Our office visits are by appointment only and the phone lines open at 8 AM. If you walk in and want your child to be seen, we will do our best to accommodate your child as our schedule permits.
4. Supervision: No child may be left unsupervised by an adult in the office. We are not responsible for any injuries sustained while in our office.
5. Personal belongings: Please do not leave any personal property in the office. We will not be responsible for lost or stolen personal belongings.
6. Electronic Devices: Please turn off all electronic devices during your visit with the provider. Your undivided attention is required during your child’s visit.
7. Referrals: Advanced notice is necessary for all routine referrals. Allow seven business days for your referral to be processed. It is your responsibility to know if a selected specialist participates in your plan. We must approve all referrals before they are issued.
8. Forms: Please bring any sports or other forms to your child’s wellness exam. Any additional school, camp, or sports forms requested after your child’s annual wellness exam will be completed within seven business days.
9. Vaccinations: During a wellness exam, you and your child’s provider will discuss which vaccinations are due at the time. The parent or guardian will be asked for verbal consent to have the vaccinations administered. Once the provider leaves the room, he or she will give orders to the medical assistant to draw up the vaccinations. If the parent or guardian changes their mind about the child receiving the consented vaccinations once the medical assistant is in the room with the shots, the parent or guardian will be responsible for the costs of the vaccinations, as the shots cannot be used for other patients.
10. Intentional damage to decorations, furniture, and/or office equipment is unacceptable. Parents will be financially responsible for any repair fees which will be determined by the office management.
11. Good communication is always crucial between patient families and providers. We will make a courtesy reminder call the day before any future scheduled appointments. However, do not depend on our calls or texts as a reminder. You are responsible for keeping your child’s appointments when scheduled.
I have read and understand the office policies and agree to abide its guidelines:
By typing your name below, you are signing this form electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this application.