For All Visits, please do the following:
- Schedule an appointment; if a walk in appointment is scheduled, a $25.00 fee will incur.
- Bring a current immunization record
- Bring all relevant medical information (ex. discharge paperwork for newborns, ER & hospital visits discharge paperwork, relevant lab results and imaging results)
- Submit current insurance information prior to appointment
- Be on time and come early.
- Bring any forms requiring physician signature (e.g daycare forms, physicals, medication administration at school, etc) with you to your scheduled appointment; otherwise there will be a 48-72 hour turn around time.
At Just For Kids Pediatrics, we believe that all children should be fully immunized unless there are medical contraindications, and this policy advocates for all children and their best interest. We feel vaccines are significantly safer than the disease states. We request that patients are up to date on well exams and establish a medical home to continue to be seen in our office.
INITIAL VISITS: For your initial visit to Just for Kids Pediatrics there are forms you must fill out prior to being seen. Registration forms are available on our website under patient forms. Once you are accepted and registered with our practice, we will contact you to confirm. Once registered, we strongly encourage you to use the patient portal service to better communicate with our office, and have access to your child’s medical records. Please come 15 minutes prior to your appointment so that you will have enough time to complete the forms if not completed prior to your visit.
NO SHOWS. It is very important to respect everyone’s time and it is unfair to others if you do not show on time for your scheduled appointment. If you have an appointment and cannot make it, please contact us as soon as possible to either cancel or re-schedule your appointment. There will be a $25.00 charge if you do not notify us 1 business day prior to your appointment (e.g notify the office on Friday if unable to make it your Monday appointment).
- In the event of an emergency, first dial 911 and then contact us at our office.
- If you suspect your child has swallowed medicine or poison, dial Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222.
- Do not call for maintenance prescription refills after hours. This will be handled during regular business hours.
- Antibiotics, eye drops, steroids, other prescriptions will not be called in without an evaluation. If you feel any of these are necessary treatments, seek medical care.
- If your child needs to be evaluated after hours we recommend Night Light Pediatrics at www.nightlightpediatrics.com or Texas Children’s Urgent Care at www.texaschildrens.org
I have read and understand the above office policies; and am willing to comply with the office policies set forth by Just for Kids Pediatrics.
DISCLAIMER: By typing your name below, you are signing this application electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this application.